It is important to have the correct sitting position on the Carqon. Changing the height of the saddle and therefore your seat position is easy. Your cargo bike is equipped with a quick release clamp (1). You can adjust the height with the the quick release clamp.
Opening and locking the quick release
Swing the quick-release lever outward. Adjust the seat tube to the desired height. Rotate the quick release lever inward until it is against the seat tube in order to close the seat tube clamp. If you are not able to swing the quick-release lever to the seat post, you can reduce the pre-load by turning the adjusting screw in an anti-clockwise direction. Rotate the quick release lever inwards once again until it is connected to the seat post, in order to close the seat tube clamp.
- Check whether the seat can not be turned.
- Check whether unusual sounds are emitted when opening or locking the quick release.
- Remove any soiling from the quick release with the help of a clean cloth.
If the quick release is not properly locked to the seat tube, the seat may become loose or change in height during your ride. Before riding away, ensure that the quick-release lever is locked with sufficient pre-tension and is connected against the seat-tube. If you operate the quick release in an improper manner, you may squash your fingers or other body parts. Please operate the quick release with care.
Opening the quick release
Pull the quick-release lever (1) outwards from the corresponding frame part in order to open it.
Locking the quick release
- Push the quick-release lever (1) in the direction of the corresponding frame part so that it is against the seat post, in order to lock the quick release.
- If you notice that the seat tube is not firmly fastened while the quick release is closed, adjust the quick release correctly.
Minimum insertion seat tube
There is a marking on the seat tube which shows the minimum insertion depth for the seat post. This marking shows the minimum insertion depth of the seat tube. The seat tube may slip or break if the minimum insertion depth is not exceeded.
- Take note of the minimum insertion depth of the seat tube.
- When adjusting the seat height, note that the marking (1) on the seat tube is not visible.
Adjusting the seat position
In order to achieve a suitable seating position you can adjust the seat inclination on your cargo bike and the distance to the handlebar.
- Turn the screw (1) or the screws (2) or (3) below the saddle one to two rotations in a clockwise direction.
- Position the saddle in such a way that you assume a suitable seating position and so you are able to operate all of the components on the handlebar safely during the journey.
- Tilt the saddle in such a way that you can adopt a suitable seating position. A horizontal seating position is recommended. For seat tubes with 2 or 3 screws, you can set the inclination by turning the loosened screws against one another.
- Pull the screw or the screws beneath the seat in a clockwise direction, taking account of the torques.
Note; Please check whether you are able to move the seat before driving away.
Warning: Note the minimum insertion depth of the seat tube, marked on the seat-tube.