Your Carqon is equipped with a Bosch Performance CX GEN4 Cargoline motor. This electrical drive system is exclusively designed to operate your cargo bike and may not be used for other purposes.
Cycling with electrical pedal assistance
We recommend that you first try out the Carqon cargo bike in a quiet environment and without children. This way, you can get used to your Carqon.
- Only switch on the pedal assistance when you feel safe and secure.
- Pay attention when steering, we recommend reducing speed before steering.
- The pedal support is interrupted when you stop pedalling. As soon as you start pedalling again, the support switches on again automatically. Cycling with your Carqon is, if the pedal assistance is switched on, different from a non-electric (cargo) bike.
- The pedal assistance is legally limited at a speed of 25 km/h.
- When the pedal assistance is turned off, the Carqon cycles heavier than a non-electric cargo bike. This is due to the weight of the electric components.
- Never walk with the pedal assistance switched on, as the Carqon cargo bike can suddenly accelerate if you accidentally bump into the pedals.
- If you still want to switch on the pedal assistance while walking, use the walk-assist function.
- Stop pedalling while braking and try to brake simultaneously and evenly with both brake levers.
- Switch off the support in case of a poor or slippery road surface
The bike’s average speed will increase as a result of the electrical support. Ride with due care. Note that other road users will be required to adapt to the higher speed of the cargo bike.
> How to change the assistance level?
> How do you start the engine?