If you notice that the effect of the brake is low, have the brake system checked by a Carqon dealer.
Replacing the disc brakes is a technical job. Please contact your Carqon dealer for replacing brake related parts.
Disc brakes check up
When pulling the brake lever, the brake pistons (which are located in the brake callipers of the disc brakes) will be pushed outwards. The brake pistons will press the brake pads against the brake discs
- Check the disc brakes regularly for wear and functionality. And clear the breaks afterwards.
- Remove any soiling to the components of the disc brakes and the brake disc immediately with a lightly moistened towel.
- Clean the brake discs regularly with brake cleaning fluid or warm water. Using the disc brakes causes wear to the brake pads and brake discs. With hydraulic disc brakes, the brake liquid in the hydraulic lines (1) is also subject to wear. Ask a Carqon dealer for an inspection to check the wear of the brake pads. Carry out the following for the front wheel and rear wheel brake;
Brake pads check up
Incorrect or incorrectly installed brake pads may lead to malfunction, therefore the disc brakes may not work.
- Only use original brake pads for disc brakes.
- When purchasing brake pads, always seek professional advice.
- Check every now and then whether the brake pads are worn.
- Have the brake pads replaced by a Carqon dealer.