Carqon and your Carqon dealer fully assembled and set up your cargo bike. Your cargo bike is therefore
ready to ride. Learn the important functions of the cargo bike prior to your first journey.
- When making your first ride, try to start from a sitting or almost sitting position. We don't advise you to start with one foot on your pedal, after which you swing your other leg over the bicycle, in order to avoid disbalance.
- Acquaint yourself with the riding characteristics of your cargo bike away from road traffic.
- If you are unaccustomed to the assignment of the brake lever of the front wheel or rear wheel
brake, have the assignment of the brake lever amended by a Carqon dealer.
- Acquaint yourself with the braking characteristics of the brakes, away from traffic and at low
- Your Carqon bike has hydraulic disk brakes. Operate both brake levers several times so that the
brake pads are centered in the brake caliper.
- Practice using the gear shift away from traffic, so that you can operate the gear shift in such a way
that your attention to road traffic is not distracted.
- Get used to a different balance in comparison with a normal bicycle, before transporting any children.
- Check whether you can also assume a comfortable seating position for longer journeys and that
you can safely operate all of the components on the handlebar.
- When turning on the electical system, please start your first ride in a low support level, in order to get used to the electrical support.