The cleaning frequencies are guidelines. The frequency can be adjusted based on the circumstances. For light forms of pollution, use water with a standard cleanser, with a sponge or a non-abrasive nylon brush. In areas with normal contamination cleaning is advised at least once a month. Using the bike in areas with a higher degree of pollution, like city centers, industrial areas, airports, are advised to clean the box twice a month.
The cleanser must meet the following criteria:
- No abrasive effect, low alkaline or acidic (a pH value between 6 and 8).
- Free from strong solvents or alcohol, these substances can damage the film.
- The water must not be warmer than 80 °C/176 °F.
If you want to use cleaning with the help of high pressure, consider the following:
- Maximum water temperature: 80 °C/176 °F.
- Minimum distance: 30 cm away from the object.
- Maximum pressure of the water jet: 80 bar/1160 Psi.
- Spray angle: Always aim the water jet at the object at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Never aim the water jet completely flat on the edges of the object.