Carry out the following instructions for the front wheel brake and the rear wheel brake set up:
- Check that all the screws in the braking system are firmly screwed.
- Check whether the brake lever is torque-proof against the handlebar.
- Check whether there is still at least 1 cm/0.4” of clearance between the brake lever and the
handle when the brake lever is fully deployed. If the clearance is less than 1 cm/0.4”, have the
brake system checked by a Carqon dealer.
- Check the extent of the wear to the brake pads. Ask a Carqon dealer to explain how you can
check for wear, or visit your dealer to ask for service or support.
- Check by gently moving the brake disc back and forth whether or not the brake disc sits on the
front or rear wheel and is backlash-free.
- Check whether the front wheel or rear wheel is blocked when the brake is deployed.
Finally, please try to brake evenly with the left and right brake levers.
Note: If you discover loose screws, have the screws tightened by a Carqon dealer.
Disc brakes check up:
● Check the disc brakes regularly for wear and functionality. And clear the breaks afterwards.
● Remove any soiling to the components of the disc brakes and the brake disc immediately with a
lightly moistened towel.
● Clean the brake discs regularly with brake cleaning fluid or warm water.
Using the disc brakes causes wear to the brake pads and brake discs. With hydraulic disc brakes, the
brake liquid in the hydraulic lines is also subject to wear.
Ask a Carqon dealer for an inspection to check the wear of the brake pads.
Carry out the following for the front wheel and rear wheel brake:
- Check whether the brake pads move back and forth evenly and symmetrically in the direction
of the brake disc, when the brake lever is pulled and released. When you are able to move the brake
disc of the brake pads or if they move unevenly, have the brakes checked by a Carqon dealer.
- Pull the brake lever and check whether brake fluid is emitted from the lines, connections or the
brake pads. If brake fluid is emitted, do not use the cargo bike. Have the brake disc checked by a