First, see what your tire pressure should be. A recommended pressure range is marked on the side of each tire.
- Check if your pump is suitable for the type of valve in your tires. The Carqon is standard equipped with a Dutch (Dunlop) valve. If your pump does not fit, buy a suitable adapter. Your local Carqon dealer can advise you on the right adapter or pump.
- If present, first remove the dust caps from the valves.
- If you have a Dutch valve, you can start pumping right away!
- Secure the pump head to the valve by pushing the head as far as possible over the valve. Block the pump head by pulling up the handle.
- Move the pump head back and forth. If the valve moves, it is not tight in the pump head and must be pushed further down.
- Once the pump head is firmly attached, you can start pumping. If you hear air flowing out of the valve while pumping, the head is still not properly attached.
- Repeat the previous step and try again!
- Look at the pressure gauge while pumping. You stop pumping as soon as you are in the pressure range indicated on the side wall.
- Push the handle down and remove the pump head directly from the valve.
Warning: Ensure that the tires do not show signs of cracks or damage due to sharp parts or sharp objects. Check the level of wear to the tire profile and ensure that the tires are not excessively worn. Slipping can be caused by worn tires.