The cleaning frequencies are guidelines. The frequency can be adjusted based on the circumstances. For light forms of pollution, use water with a standard cleanser, with a sponge or a non-abrasive nylon brush. In areas with normal contamination cleaning is advised at least once a month. Using the bike in areas with a higher degree of pollution, like city centers, industrial areas, airports, it's advised to clean the bike twice a month. The cleanser must meet the following criteria:
- No abrasive effect, low alkaline or acidic (a pH value between 6 and 8).
- Free from strong solvents or alcohol, these substances can damage the film of the box and the paint of the frame
- The water must not be warmer than 80 °C/176 °F. If you want to use cleaning with the help of high pressure, consider the following:
- Maximum water temperature: 80 °C/176 °F.
- Minimum distance: 30 cm away from the object.
- Maximum pressure of the water jet: 80 bar/1160 Psi.
- Spray angle: Always aim the water jet at the object at an angle of 90 degrees.
Never aim the water jet completely flat on the edges of the object. In the interest of your safety, also take note of the following safety instructions:
- Secure moving parts if possible.
- Do not use any aggressive cleaning products. Using incorrect cleaning products may lead to damage of the bike.
- Do not use any sharp, pointed or metallic cleaning utensils. If necessary, have your Carqon dealer advise you on suitable cleaning and maintenance products.
For cleaning purposes, you require:
- Clean cleaning cloths.
- Mild, lukewarm soapy water.
- A sponge or a soft brush.
- Cleaning and maintenance products.
- Clean the cargo bike regularly, even if it is only lightly soiled.
- Wipe all surfaces and components down with a sponge moistened with a mild soapy solution.
- Wipe all surfaces and components after cleaning.
- Maintain all painted and metallic surfaces on the frame at least every 6 months.
- Ask Carqon customer services or a Carqon dealer for a paint stick in the color of your cargo bike.
- Only use mild, lukewarm water without soap or other chemicals when you want to to clean the disk brakes.