Whether you need to remove the battery depends on the period you want to leave the battery in the bike. If you don't plan to use the bike for a month, we advise you to take out the battery and store it safely and dry inside. A damaged or incorrectly used battery can irritate and injure the respiratory system, the eyes or the skin. If you do not use the battery for an extended period, store it as follows:
- Remove the battery from the battery holder.
- Charge the battery to approx. 50% of its capacity. Each time you charge the battery, disconnect it from the charging device and disconnect the plug from the socket.
- Store the battery in a frost-free place and protected against large differences in temperature in a dry, well-ventilated room without direct sunlight, ideally at +10 to +20 °C/50 to 68 °F, e. g. in a cellar.
- Store the battery in such a way that it is protected from falling down is protected against moisture and is not accessible to children and animals.
- If only one control light is blinking on the battery, charge the battery for 10 minutes.
- If you want to use the battery after storing it for between one and six months, charge the battery up beforehand.
- If you have stored the battery for 6 months or longer, have your cargo bike serviced by a Carqon dealer.
- If you store the battery for over 1 month, check the capacity of the battery once a month.