In order to ensure safe storage during long storage, Carqon recommends you follow the following advice:
- Store the cargo bike in a frost-free and dry place, protected from significant temperature differences.
- If you are not able to store the cargo bike in a closed room, use the Carqon Bike Cover in order to protect the cargo bike when it is being stored outdoors.
- Clean the cargo bike before storing it.
- Take out the battery if intent to store the bike longer than one month.
- Take out the display (in case of Intuvia display) if intent to store the bike longer than one month. Preferably, store it inside (dry).
Storing the battery
- A damaged or incorrectly used battery can irritate and injure the respiratory system, the eyes or the
skin. If you do not use the battery for an extended period, store it as follows:
- Remove the battery from the battery holder.
- Charge the battery to approx. 50 % of its capacity. Each time you charge the battery, disconnect it
from the charging device and disconnect the plug from the socket.
- Store the battery in a frost-free place and protected against large differences in temperature in
a dry, well-ventilated room without direct sunlight, ideally at +10 to +20 °C/50 to 68 °F, e. g. in a
- Store the battery in such a way that it is protected from falling down is protected against moisture
and is not accessible to children and animals.
- If only one control light is blinking on the battery, charge the battery for 10 minutes.
- If you want to use the battery after storing it for between one and six months, charge the battery
- If you have stored the battery for 6 months or longer, have your cargo bike serviced by a Carqon
- If you store the battery for over 1 month, check the capacity of the battery once a month.